Our hotel is situated in a characteristic building dating from 1843.
From 1843 until 1919 the building was functioning as the Nautical school of the Island.
In the years after that a Hotel-guesthouse was created and in the past 20 years it has been renovated to the 3 star hotel that it is today.
The hotel is centrally located in the village "West", where the ferry arrives.
The rooms are all clean and crisp and have their own look and feel.
It has been a comfortable and loved place for our guests for many years now.
Within 5 minutes you walk from the harbour, where the ferry arrives, to Hotel Buren.
The main street with many shops and restaurants as well as the dunes, beach and forest are also within
5 minutes walking distance.
So the perfect spot and place to stay to start your yourney and explore our lovely and beautiful island!
Personal service, comfortable beds, a good breakfast with local delicacies, fresh squeezed orange juice and eggs made to order are our specialty!
We hope to see you at our hotel!
Stephen en Marinja Hakse
* Hotel Buren Terschelling *
- 16 comfortable rooms, with wonderful box-spring beds
- coffee and tea making facilities as well as a mini fridge in the room
- bathroom with walk-in shower, sink and toilet
- bath towels, shampoo / shower gel, soap and hair dryer in your bathroom
- two wheelchair-accessible rooms, with luxury high-low beds
- bathroom with underfloor heating, fully adapted.
- all tools available
- barrier-free, doors open through the use of remote control
- doors close automatically
- these rooms have patio doors with a private terrace facing south.
- large sunshade and adjustable seats.